The mission of the Sugar Valley Historical Society is to increase the knowledge and understanding of our area's history and culture. The society will collect and preserve buildings, artifacts, and research materials illustrative of the life in the Sugar Valley area and of the people and their culture. The Sugar Valley Historical Society will offer exhibits and programs for the education and enjoyment of the general public.
You are visitor:
*Our next meeting is August 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM in the museum
Our chicken Bar B Q and open house is ....
Sept. 27, 2014
at the museum
We are selling tickets for $1.00 each or
6 for $5.00
Items you can win ( and the person who donated them ) are:
- Handmade Queen Sized Quilt (Barb Sweeny)
- Child's Wooden Rocking Horse (Grady Leiter)
- 5 Lion's Club Plates (SV Historical Society)
- Zeller's Spring 8 X 10Fine Art Digital Print ( Maggie Kemmerer)
- Gift Certificate - $50.00 (Country Cupboard)
- Handmade Woven Basket ( John Carey)
- Handcrafted Native American Style Flute ( Denny Long)
- Scentsy & More Gift Basket (Renee Holdren)
- Perfectly Posh Gift Basket ( Stacy Johnson)
- Case of Oil , Weight chosen by winner (Earl Weaver)
- Handmade Wooden Snowman (John Carey)
- Handmade Craft (Marie Karstetter & Kelly Bixel)
- Mother & Daughter Primatives .. craft ( Holly Barner & Vanessa)
- Gift Certificate - $25.00 (Loganton Store)
- Cash Prize $25.00 (Jeffries / Brown Insurance)
- Cash Prize $25.00 (Jeffries/ Brown Insurance)
- Wrought Iron Butterfly Planter (Sugar Valley Greenhouse)
- Sugar Valley Villages Book ( S.V> Historical Society)
- One Year Family Membership to SVHS (SV Historical Society)
- Gift Cert. - Large One Topping Pizza ( Twilight Diner)
- Gift Cert. - Large One Topping Pizza (Twilight Diner)
- Dozen Donuts - Pick up Eastville ( Nan's Donuts)
- Dozen Donuts - pick up Eastville (Nan's Donuts)
Drawing is Sept 27, 2014 at our Chicken Barbecue and Open House. You need not be present to win. Contact any member to purchase tickets or get some at Kaufman's Store or the Loganton Store.
Our Bull Run (Sugar Grove) School and museum .... taken September 2013
Sugar Valley's 175th Anniversary
Sugar Valley is celebrating their 175th anniversary in 2015. Many plans have begun for celebrations.
July 17, 18 & 19, 2015
will have many events planned ... a play, a beard contest, crowning a queen, a parade, a festival, a church service and an old fashioned ball game and box social.
Also, S.V. commemorative crocks will be sold, and a book on the history of Sugar Valley as well as other items.
contact Kim Geisewite, Jame Reidell, Helen Imes , Ivy Dolan or Yvonne Weaver for more information and on ways to help .......
Keep watching for more information
Inside the restored Sugar Grove / Bull Run School
The school is open by appointment for tours and student field trips.
..........................call 570-725-3438 or 3041 or 3411
Election of officers at the April 2014 meeting ~
Our officers for 2014-15 are :
President : Steve Weaver
Vice Pres. Grady Leiter
Secretary: Jane Rossman
Treasurer: Helen Imes
Trustees: Anthony Rishel, Chuck Sweeny, John Carey
We are collecting used ink jet cartridges and old cell phones . We get a percentage for what we turn in and also if you purchase ink cartridges through them we get a percentage. so get your used items to any member and also visit www.planetgreenrecycle.com/svhistory
McElhatten Run / Rosecrans Falls
photo by Hannah Jo Weaver - Dec 24, 2010
Logan Mills Covered Bridge - taken Feb. 2011
Clinton County's only remaining covered bridge